Diets Debunked specialises in working with people who have:
- Specific medical needs which can be influenced by diet, including (but not limited to):
- Diabetes (T2DM, T1DM, T3cDM)
- Coeliac disease
- Cardiovascular disease (including related conditions, such as high cholesterol or high blood pressure)
- Specific medical conditions which can make proper nutrition more difficult, including (but not limited to):
- Respiratory conditions such as COPD
- Conditions affecting taste and smell such as long COVID
- Neurological disorders such as Parkinson’s Disease
- Acquired brain injury
- Learning disabilities or difficulties such as Autism
- Nutritional deficiencies, including (but not limited to);
- Protein-energy malnutrition (low BMI)
- Osteoporosis caused by calcium or vitamin D deficiency
- Difficulties maintaining their weight, which may also include:
- Disordered eating independent of an eating disorder
- Difficulty choosing appropriate and healthy meals
- Difficulty managing hunger and satiety
- Special diet requirements, including (but not limited to):
- Vegan or vegetarian diets
- Fasting restrictions for religious reasons
We offer tailored, unique and individual plans for each client, which include 1-to-1 sessions to elicit behaviour changes alongside constant access to a dietitian to help with all of your nutritional questions and needs.
My experience is as follows:
- Freelance Dietitian at Diets Debunked, working with clients for weight loss and weight gain, diabetes control, blood pressure control, dementia, diverticular disease, IBS, managing psoriasis amongst others.
- Contract Specialist Dietitian for Ryde House Group, working to help service users with learning disabilities improve their nutrition and provide specialist dietary advice for any associated conditions.
- Contract Freelance Dietitian for Dietitian Fit & Co, working with clients for weight loss, IBS, managing type 3c diabetes, improving relationships with food and more.
- Health Coach for Man vs Fat Football, helping to facilitate a weight loss of over 100kg in 14 weeks for the team.
- Specialist Diabetes Dietitian (Band 6) for the NHS, , working with various types of diabetes including Type 1, Type 2, LADA, MODY and neonatal.
- Rotational Dietitian (Band 5) for the NHS, covering the COVID, care of the elderly, respiratory, neurological rehabilitation, orthopaedic and emergency floor wards.
I have worked extensively with various companies including Holland and Barrett and GoJoe to provide quality social media videos to educate the public on various nutrition topics.
My qualifications are as follows:
- 1st class Honours Nutrition and Dietetics Bsc, University of Surrey.
- Monash FODMAP certified.
- Intuitive eating competent.
- Continuing Professional Development in various areas, including (but not limited to):
- Diabetes management with CGM technology
- Diabetes prevention
- IBS management and personalising FODMAP diets
- Fibre and the gut microbiome
- Fibre manipulation and the impact on gastrointestinal disorders
- Learning disabilities and nutrition
- Nutrition and fertility
- Nutrition and PCOS
- Plant based diets, and their impact on varying medical conditions.
Diets Debunked is a unique service in the dietetics space, combining the traditional 1-to1 sessions with a “dietitian in your pocket” feature. Essentially this means you get all the benefits of 1-to-1 sessions (which include tailored plans, behaviour change interventions, diet analysis and easy, sustainable suggestions to improve), but you also get access to a dietitian in between sessions when needed. You no longer have to wait a few weeks to get an answer to your question; you can get an answer to your query quickly and efficiently. Unsure as to whether your meal is on plan? Send us a snap and we can tell you. Finding it difficult to stay on track? We can intervene earlier than before to ensure you don’t lose you progress.
We will call you at a time convenient for you to discuss your unique case, your goals and what you would wish to achieve with the dietetic intervention. This gives us an idea as to whether you would be suitable for Diets Debunked, and whether we are the right fit for you. This call should take between 10-15 minutes, depending on the complexity of your case.
We will deep-dive into your nutrition and health journey, alongside your relationship with food to allow us to have a comprehensive overview of you and your health. We will go over the past medical history form and the food diary you will have previously sent in detail, as well as discussing other aspects of your life (including work and social factors, exercise and activity, any stressors within your life) to begin the tailoring of a plan that is unique to you. After this session, I will set you some short-term goals to work on over the next week, as well as some longer-term goals which we will aim to achieve together over a period of time.
Subsequent sessions will include many behaviour change methods to ensure we are changing your psychology, and not just your diet. The aim of this is to ensure that we are giving you the tools to make these changes permanent, rather than temporary. Your nutritional goals will be adjusted each week to ensure you stay on track.
Latest Blog Posts
See what’s happening in the world of Diets Debunked!